Fused Glass Workshop
1-day and half-day workshops suitable for beginners and those with some experience
Courier delivery £6
You be exploring the various techniques for kiln fusing glass. This involves cutting and shaping the glass and assembling it to your chosen designs. You will learn the difference between the different types of fusing. You will be able to choose from a large selection of coloured glass, frits, stringers, and glass paints. Working at a reasonable pace, you can expect to make (1-day) a contour-fused picture to frame, a suncatcher, a dichroic pendant or keyring, and a set of four coasters. During the half-day sessions, you would expect to make one or two large suncatchers or 3-4 smaller pieces.
All glass will then require kiln firing for several hours in a specialist kiln up to a temperature of around 800°C.
All your creations will be ready for collection the following week after they have been fired in the kiln or we can arrange delivery by courier - please choose the courier delivery option at checkout.
Award-winning glass artist and teacher, Gigha Klinkenborg,
The 1-day workshop includes all glass, materials, lunch, and refreshments.
The half-day workshop included all glass, materials, and refreshments
Got a voucher? Please check for availability then contact me to book in.
What do I need to bring?
Just your creativity. Please don't wear open shoes.
Lunch and refreshments
Lunch is included and will consist of
Baked potatoes with ham, cheese, and baked beans
Fresh selection of salad and dressings
Yummy Sweet treats to follow
There will also be teas, coffees, fruit tea, biscuits, etc. readily available throughout the day.
1-day workshops start at 9.30 am (arrival from 9.15am) and will finish at 4.30pm
Half-day workshops are 9.30am to 12.30, and 2 to 5pm
First-floor studio, Westside Warehouse, Bideford EX39 2AZ
Telephone 07761 998651 or Email
Terms and Conditions
- All workshops require full payment at the time of booking.
- Workshops are not refundable, but if given 4 weeks or longer before the workshop we offer one free date change. Subsequent changes will incur an admin fee of £5.
- If we receive less than 4 weeks’ notice we will have to fill your place before transferring.
- If we are able to fill your place we will issue you with a credit towards a future workshop.
- We reserve the right to cancel workshops, but under these circumstances, you will receive a full refund. We will not be held liable for any additional costs incurred.
- By making a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions and the additional COVID-19 safety measures.
- Unless specified all group workshops are for adults only (16yrs upwards, 14yrs if attending with a parent/guardian). The studio is not a suitable environment for very young children.
- Workshops are not recommended during pregnancy due to working with lead.